Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Trip

(context: my mom and I drove from MN to RI and back again between Jan 29-Feb 12)

Since it may be awhile before I'm actually able to execute posting a picture, allow me to give you a word picture my mom sent to me in an email on 4/3/03 (cleaning out old emails is somewhere down around 2,534 on my priority list)...

I happened to be thinking this morning about how much Jesus evidently enjoyed some of the good and legitimate pleasures of earth, especially eating. We used to tease in my family about vacation photos that showed 'here we are eating lunch at...' followed by 'and here is where we ate supper ... ' - and i compared that to the frequency with which the new testament writers provided verbal snapshots of meals.
Then I imagined Jesus reporting back to God after the resurrection, and mostly they talked soul business, of course, but after awhile God asked "so what did you do that was fun while you were there?" - and Jesus being thoughtful for a minute before he smiled and burst out "those picnics at the lake! We totally relaxed there, and the guys always had these really fresh fish to cook up...oh, Pop, they were so awesome!
...and I imagined them planning the little fish fry that surprised the disciples...


Yep, that pretty much sums up the trip physically, emotionally and spiritually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home